Last Friday 20 July saw the inaugural Sol Workshop Session Live Build event kick off at our Camperdown store. With the shop packed to capacity we undertook the massive job of completing a custom Mercury 250 build, commissioned by our friends at Jagermeister in just 1 night.
Adrian and Steve from Sol were joined by Brad and Faidon from Rising Sun Workshop to assist with the epic task. Also on hand was Dave from Bad Arse Trim Co. to upholster the seat on-site, Roger from Retro Line with some live pin striping and Sam from Colourfuel who provided the paintwork.
We ended up completing the task in just on 2 hours!
Photography by Alexandra Adoncello.
The complete run down of the Mercury 250 build went something like this:
1. Remove seat, tank, handlebars, mirrors, indicators, grips, side covers, rear mudguard & taillight, front guard and brackets, chain guard, exhaust, emissions unit, rear footpegs.
2. Install clip ons, grips, Bar end indicators
3. Upholster seat
4. Install speedo
5. Headlight bulbs swap
6. Front fairing install
7. Relocate horn
8. Cut subframe
9. Tack on new hoop
10. Wire in taillight and indicators
11. Remove stock muffler
12. Weld on supporting bracket
13. Wrap exhaust
14. Install new muffler and exhaust
15. Remove rear wheel, swap tyre and reinstall
16. Remove front wheel, swap tyre and reinstall
17. Install tank, new seat, rear cowl, side covers
18. Apply tank, fork and headlight decals
19. Apply hager bottle cap on rear engine mount
20. Start her up!